The Two Questions

Having secured slightly above than 40% in a grand examination of FIITJEE i.e., FTRE, and being beaten by 3331 upcoming talented Engineers of India, I was graded as Above Average student. FIITJEE could afford only 90% tuition fee waiver to such a worse talent. Irrespective to my national level positioning I enrolled in FIITJEE South Delhi. On the basis of my PCM performance I was given batch H-2, obviously which was not a poor batch. One can’t say a batch to be poor if it contains the second lot of top thirty students of such a centre which not more than few months before produced AIR-1.
Days passed, our first common test arrived. I tried to score high marks but my silly mistakes didn't want to see me before thirty five buggers. The same happened and I could find my name after going through thirty four different initials which were completely different from mine. I was not very happy with my performance but I felt my improvement. The improvement was only in Physics; as soon as Trigonometry of Mathematics started my speed of answering questions went down. This resulted in my first Phase test in which the batches were supposed to be reshuffled on the basis of marks secured. This time I was sucked, I was completely sucked by my mistakes and my bad luck. Both of them were very happy to see me in the third sheet of the result. I was so poorly ranked that even two A4 size sheets could not contain my name. The third was smiling at me, and the smile was the symbol of my failure. I could score 191 and the cut-off for first batch was 199. Eight marks seem to be huge but costs only two questions. If I would have bubbled two more circles among the infinite circles of my OMR sheet I would be saved for the first batch, but neither my HB pencil nor my OMR sheet wanted to be rubbed upon each other for coloring two more circles. Not even the OMR evaluating machine helped me getting out of it. How can a machine decide one’s future, if it decides to throw somebody in the hell then why do human beings follow their decision? How can a mindless machine evaluate a student’s brain?
I was in hell, completely in hell I took my baggage from my previous batch and left out to the fucking one. I sat in the last row and started imaging my JEE Advanced rank on the basis of my potential among 350 students. I calculated it was somewhere in the initials of six digit, and I was not even supposed to be in private colleges. Even NIT’s seemed far from me.
The day passed and I came to the hostel. My head was cracking with pain; I needed relief not only physical, but some emotional strength too. I fell on my bed not only to be physically recovered but also to be emotionless until my eyes remained closed.
Days were passing with the speed of light in vacuum, I left hope for being alive but somebody was there in that cubical room who could save me from dying. I used to forget momentarily all of my pains whenever I used to see her sipping water from her bottle. The way her pink lips used to touch the periphery of the bottle tip, always reminded me the cause of my existence.
During the class time our eyes met for several times but I couldn't conclude any positive sign from that. Progressively two months passed and our Phase test came up hurriedly to fuck some more students’ future. According to the seating plan, she was just behind me. The exam started. I solved Physics first and as soon as I entered to the Chemistry I felt a soft hand pinching my back. Being busy in solving the toughest problems of the world I couldn't figure out that the pinching hand was of her. As soon as I turned back quickly, her finger tip approaching towards my back actually landed over my chest, digging 0.5 cm of my muscle layer. She hit just above where my heart resides. I felt her going inside that. I felt her fragrance too. Her lips were 20 cm apart from mine. The time froze my heart beat too. The only thing I could see was her eyes, looking me. To listen her query I leaned towards her and she leaned towards me with the equal angle from the horizontal desk. Our lips were in the same horizontal plane but the distance between them was reduced to 15 cm. I felt her warm breath over my face while she was asking the query. I lost 75% time of our conversation in looking her lip’s movement, and in last 25% time I couldn't understand what was her query. I asked the question in which she was having trouble dealing with and then I simply gave her the key of that.


The three hours passed and we moved apart. The next day, result of new reshuffled batch was there on the Notice board. I walked slowly to reach there. This time my name was in the first sheet and I was supposed to sit in the first batch. I took my baggage again and entered my new classroom, the class of talents but no beauty. I missed her. I missed her very much…     

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts