I Slept A Day


          Finally,I reached my school after spending my worst seven months in Kerala. My all classmates came out hurriedly to meet us, as they were very much curious for that.
          That night I took North-Indian supper for the first time in my past seven months. The next day I was over energetic for my studies of classs tenth. I woke up and did all those things which everyone does. After bathing and all I set off for class. Meanwhile I saw my female classmates in new dresses, as they got their new Salwaar Kameez. One among them looked nice but I didn’t think of her because my parents alredy told me to concenterate only on studies.
          We assembled for assembly for not more than fifteen minutes. I came to my class and took the last bench where I was supposed to sit since when I started understanding the twentysix  alphabets of English language.
          I did my first two periods with my partially presented mind. The bell rang, everyone started for breakfast as I did. As soon as I put my first step out of my classroom, my eyes made a virtual image of th most awesome girl I ever seen in my entire life. My optic nerve carried her image to the brain for more than thirty seconds. But i think the nerve was connected to my heart instead of brain, as her milk white face printed on the inners walls of my red heart. Suddenly I was pushed by somebody, I got my conscious and started breathing. One among my classmates, who was my roommate too, said that she was senoir and not to think about her. I knew she was in class 12th but she was so delicated that one couldn`t say that she seemed to be a 12th grade student.
          We reached mess and our traditional breakfast, popped rice. We sat on a table and started chatting. One said that all of her classmates are crazy after her, so it would be better for me to forget her as soon as possible. I didn`t respond for that statement. Instead of being discouraged I delivered a dialogue of  Shah Rukh Khan from the movie “Om Shanti Om”. Everybody laughed at me but I was concentrated to my etables.
          The day passed, during the evening assembly I discovered that she was in my house, that is Udaygiri; as girls of JNV generally wear their house kits at the games time. Again I got opportunity to observe her beauty. After the prayer our Ex-English teacher, Sutradhaar sir, who is commonly known as Lukka, announced about the CCA program. I heared, it was about an upcoming inter-house extempore speech competition, to be conducted on Saturday. Being good in English, I was supposed to participate. But I hadn`t participated in such a programme before. So, I needed practice.
          The next day I was called by a 12th class student of my house, named as Sudhanshu Kumar. I waited at the door of his classroom. Meanwhile the girl came out of the class to go to the Girl`s Hostel. As soon as she reached three meters away from me, she turned back and asked me if I was the boy who had taken participation on the behalf of Udaygiri house. I replied in positive. She came closer to me and asked if I completed my preparation. I replied in negative. She made her face as a question mark. I could see her big eyes looking me for the first time in my life. She told me to meet her during the break time. I said OK. I came back to my class without meeting Sudhanshu Kumar.
          At the break time, we met. She took me to her class. I saw nobody in the classroom. I was feeling shy, as I didn`t have experiance of talking with girls. She told me to sit and started teaching  how  to express myself on the stage. She taught me to create face expression by making her face funny. I practiced to do so but I failed. She touched my face and smiled on my funny face which I had made during the practice. I felt her palm on my cheek. My heart beat started beating more frequently than usual. She was so close to me that I could see my face clearly in her big eyes. Her lips were twenty centimeter apart from mine. I could feel her smell inside me. I thought to go. So, I moved back to my house escaping the last three periods.
          The next day I was given the topic "CCE Programme by Indian Government". I delivered the speech. Fortunately I got the first prize. I looked at her, when my name was being announced. She was looking at me. She gave a smile with upthumb. The programme ended, and so the day passed.
          After a day we met in the Academic Block. I told her that I had done. She said "Ya" and smiled back. I couldn`t stop myself saying her that I started loving her. As soon as she heared this, she cried on me. Her pitch and loudness was so high that it suddenly opened my eyes. I woke up and smiled at myself.

Author:
AKHZAR FARHAN
(One who lives happy with the greenery of nature)
@ 1:30 pm
On July 15th, 2012

Comments

Popular Posts