E-Love

Being an IIT aspirant for a good rank within three figures I am not supposed to be distracted by any common distracting elements which are high in demand among youngsters. Our ancestors categorised those elements just to prevent our reach from them, they named them as Mobile phones, Music, Theatre, Girl, and Facebook. The word “Facebook”  I wrote at the end because it has high tendency to spread among new grown mind. It is completely ironical to call it “Facebook”, as its severe intoxication can make you afraid from your own books. If I were the owner of it I would have surely changed it’s name to “Facelook”, as no user of it mug things from it, rather they actually look at the beautiful faces.
I too was young and I too had heart within my ribcage which was fully capable of doing other things rather than just pumping red fluid throughout my body. Since I joined FIITJEE at South Delhi, my life was restricted to hostel and school premises only. I desperately wanted my heart to do its second job. I had only one and very common option to make new contact with a female of my age. The option was nothing but Facebook. I think “Mark Zukerberg” should be awarded with a Nobel-prize for making love possible to the people like me. Matrimonial sites are just show off actual couples are made on Facebook. I joined Facebook in June, 2010 but at that time I was too young for those desires which I grew up when I reached in 11th standard.
One day I was passing nearby my friend’s room, and I thought to spend few minutes with him. I casually landed on his bed and talked for few minutes. He was telling about his new experiences with Facebook. Hearing the word “Facebook” I dragged out my mobile phone and launched Opera Mini. I logged in to Facebook and replied some old messages, which I think is just a formality to do so. Then I scanned the notification just to know the total likes to my new profile picture. It was close to hundred, I refreshed the page. Then suddenly I saw an indication of new message. I clicked on that bold text to know who did it. To my surprise it was a feminine name starting with “S”. I don’t know why most of the females have names starting with ”S”. The message was not the exceptional one, one can’t expect an exceptional message from a stranger specially from opposite sex. It was just a “Hi!”, which according to me is a registered word to start any conversation on it, which is quite analogous to the similar word “Hello” which we use during phone calls. Instead of replying her I clicked on her name just to know whether the account was real or fake. I got positive clues from her profile about being the real one. Then I casually replied her asking what she does. Her reply was much quicker than mine, which said “Studying”. I further inquired about her study. I discovered that she was a 12th grade student residing in a popular district of Bihar, not much farther from my hometown. I lied her saying that I too study in class 12th in an exciting tone. As it was impossible for her to know the truth, I was not hesitant of lying. She replied saying “Really!” as if she too was in excitement of being with same age group. My friend who was silently reading our conversation thumped my back and smiled on my lie. I replied “Yes” to her as if to assure her that she caught up the best match for her. My new profile picture was awesome one; it’s not I who is saying this, it’s actually her words which she had commented on my profile picture. I replied her “Thanks” to her inbox and she warned me to not use such words in future. I asked “Why?” on which she replied that we are friends and in friendship no such words are used. I obeyed her like a true lover. Our chat continued till an hour. She had to log out as she had classes in the evening. The next day she apologized that she could not talk more. This time I warned her because of her apology. She smiled on me and said “Ok baba I’ll do whatever you’d say”. Her talking style compelled me to think about her all the time. I couldn’t resist myself reading her replies again and again whenever she was not found online. This continued till two-three months during which she came to know about me and I discovered about her much more in detail. As I’m not a professional liar, I didn’t lie about anything to her except one mentioned earlier. During this time we shared our likes and dislikes, we talked about movies and other stuffs as every pair of Boyfriend-Girlfriend does. I still didn’t understand why new coupled couples do chit chat on such silly topics. If they would do chat on topics as our country, geography etc., they would have surely cracked UPSC Exam without any painful preparation. Everything was going on okay but I had only one curiosity, yes! I was desperately waiting to see her, as she hadn’t uploaded any of her snap till then. So, one day I asked her for her close up. She said me to wait for a moment and then I got a new message. Instead of appearing those dull Black English alphabets it was a beautiful girl with big eyes looking directly to my eyes. Her smiling round face seemed like an angel. My eyes stuck on it, I moved my thumb over my mobile phone’s screen just to feel her beauty. I smiled at my state. After a couple of minutes she texted me asking what happened. I did not believe my eyes. I inquired if she was really so beautiful. She felt shy and smiled without saying anything. I said her that I couldn’t believe my eyes, on which replied me to stop making her feel awkward. Then she made me known that it’s time to leave for her tuition. I checked my watch, it was showing exactly 4:00 pm. I retraced my eyes to my phone’s screen which suddenly concluded that the green LED was not there along with her name. I thought for a while and wrote those three magical words in her message box. I had not punched to the “Send” button. I checked the text for spelling errors. My heart was again pounding with its full rhythm creating disturbance inside me. It made me shiver. My body was all cold at that moment. I deleted the whole text and rewrote the same text again just to provide sufficient time to my body to become neutral as before. Still my palm was wobbling, I don’t know why, in excitement or something else. This time I sent the text along with a beautiful Red Rose picked from the stickers. I logged out. I had not revised taught topics that day, but it was too late to do even. I went to the bed and turned off the lights. Still my eyes were open. I couldn’t sleep that night. I was in love…I was really in love…A true love…An E-Love.



Author; Akhzar Farhan (One who lives happy with the greenery of nature)
Place; New Delhi

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts